Winner of Two APEX Awards
Mind & Media is pleased to announce we have won two APEX awards!
Our own mindandmedia.com won an APEX Award of Excellence in the Websites division, WordPress Sites category. For our latest refresh of our website, we:
- Created a new homepage video
- Conducted a full content audit, then streamlined and simplified each page
- Designed a new sleeker look using lots of white space and vibrant color accents
- Added dynamic text and animated content as you scroll the page.
- Added more human imagery
- Restructured the portfolio and chunked it into categories relevant to our services
We also won an APEX Award of Excellence in the Electronic Media division, Education & Training category, for the video-enhanced, web-based tutorial we built for CDC’s MicrobeNet. For this project, we:
- Learned how MicrobeNet functions to determine the best way to teach people how to use the software
- Programmed a home interface that allows users to watch an introduction or skip immediately to the module of most interest
- Created a step-by-step tutorial that teaches users how to use MicrobeNet using a learn-by-doing approach
- Filmed a video host who provides an introductory video and a brief overview of each module
See it here: https://microbenet.cdc.gov/