With over 20 years’ experience in the Federal sector, as a proven, skilled contractor with in-depth past performance, Mind & Media represents a low risk to the Government.
Small by design, we’re a nimble boutique agency with the flexibility to give our clients customized solutions to meet today’s most complex communication challenges.
Our location in Alexandria, Virginia, is convenient to Metro, Washington National Airport, and government offices throughout the Washington, DC area.
Mind & Media is a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB), self-certified with the Small Business Administration. We’re also certified under Virginia’s Department of Minority Business Enterprise (DMBE) as a Small, Women- and Minority-Owned (SWaM) Business (certificate #647560).
Government buyers can obtain our services at a discount from our commercial rates through our GSA Professional Services Schedule, Contract #GS00F375GA. See Mind & Media’s GSA Catalog on GSA Advantage.
(Existing customers who have contracts with us under our previous GSA Contract #GS00F0035M can see that catalog here.)
For strategic planning or communication consulting services, use:
Schedule 874-MOBIS (Mission Oriented Business Integrated Services)
SINs 874-1 (Integrated Consulting Services), 874-4 (Training Services)
Learn more about MOBIS on GSA Advantage.
For public information campaigns or specific media services, use:
Schedule 541-AIMS (Advertising & Integrated Marketing Solutions)
SIN 541-5 (Integrated Marketing Services)
Learn more about AIMS on GSA Advantage.
If you have recurring needs, it may be wise to issue a Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) so that you need only go through the bidding process once. We offer additional discounts for work contracted through a BPA.
Learn more about setting up a BPA at the GSA website.
Mind & Media is considered a small business under all NAICS codes.
- 511210 Software Publishers
- 512110 Motion Picture and Video Production
- 512191 Teleproduction and Other Post-Production Services
- 512199 Other Motion Picture and Video Industries
- 512240 Sound Recording Studios
- 515120 Television Broadcasting
- 519130 Internet Publishing and Broadcasting and Web Search
- 524114 Direct Health and Medical Insurance Carriers
- 541430 Graphic Design Services
- 541511 Custom Computer Programming Services
- 541611 Administrative Management and General Management
- 541613 Marketing Consulting Services (primary)
- 541618 Other Management Consulting Services
- 541810 Advertising Agencies
- 541820 Public Relations Agencies
- 541840 Media Representatives
- 541850 Outdoor Advertising
- 541910 Marketing Research and Public Opinion Polling
- 561410 Document Preparation Services
- 561920 Convention and Trade Show Organizers
- 611420 Computer Training
- 611430 Professional and Management Development Training
- 611710 Educational Support Services
Section 508 Compliance
Mind & Media has been developing 508-compliant media for the government for many years. We have a proven record of developing fully compliant materials for our government clients in many types of media.
Compliance in Any Media
Mind & Media is capable of producing compliant electronic media no matter the format:
- PDFs: Using Adobe Acrobat Pro we test all PDFs for accessibility and then use accessibility software to appropriately tag and order content. For example, Mind & Media produced three original print publications for Veterans Administration that all passed independent PDF accessibility testing. We also converted supplied PDFs and Word documents into accessible PDFs for 26 PTSD 101 courses.
- DOCs: Using Microsoft Office 2010 Accessibility Checker, we address any errors and ensure accessibility of Word templates and documents.
- Websites/Web pages: All websites and web pages are developed with regard for user-friendly accessibility including features like appropriately-tagged images, ability to skip navigation, non-graphical text, and organized tab order. Web page buttons, links, and text, including user-submitted content, are keyboard accessible and accessible to screen readers. Pages are developed with standards-compliant code and then checked for accessibility using industry-leading validation tools like the W3C Markup Validation Service.
- Interactive multimedia: Mind & Media delivers multimedia via an accessible player, such as Articulate Storyline or CourseAvenue’s Accessibility Player which ensures users can access both the player controls as well as the presentation content.
- Video Production: All videos are either open or closed captioned as appropriate and delivered via an accessible media player. We can provide video transcripts as well.
Mind & Media plans for 508-compliance from the beginning of every project. During initial conversations, we listen to what our client wants to provide and give advice on how these materials can be made 508-compliant, or suggest alternatives. For example, animations or interactions based on visual cues pose challenges in terms of providing a non-sighted user equal access to such content, and we suggest alternate ways to present this information.
Compliance with Section 508 is integrated into our production process. For example, while building VA’s PTSD 101 courses we provided alternate text to describe tables and charts for non-sighted learners. After developing our products we conduct our own in-house testing by various means appropriate for each product.
We have experience with clients who require that products undergo independent accessibility testing as well. If this is required, Mind & Media allocates resources to work with, and respond to, those testers after delivering final products. Revisions will be made to any deliverable, as necessary, to meet client accessibility requirements as indicated in the contract, within the life of the contract.